Thursday, December 25, 2008

Slow Cooker Taco Soup

I've personally tried this recipe and it's one of my favorites. It's delicious!

Slow Cooker Taco Soup

2 pounds ground beef
1 large onion
2 cans stewed tomatoes, with juice
1 can kidney beans, with juice
1 can pinto beans, with juice
(if you don't like the starchy liquid at the bottom of the bean cans.. you can substitute chicken or beef stock for the drained liquid from the beans, I'm sure.)
1 can corn kernels
2 can black beans
2 packages taco seasoning (i make my own...)
2 packages hidden valley ranch mix

1. Brown ground beef and onion in a large skillet. Drain.
2. Combine tomatoes, beans, and corn together and pour into crock pot.
3. Stir in taco seasoning and ranch mix.
4. Add browned meat and onion mixture to crock pot mix.
5. Simmer for 3 hours.
6. Serve over Frito Corn Chips and top each bowl with grated cheese and sour cream.

(I'd also ad a few chopped chives to the bowl as well)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

❤Share the love and leave me a comment below!❤