Sunday, July 05, 2009

PINK or BLUE, Either will do!

First, I just have to say... Do you know how HARD it is to find a layout background, that's cute, that doesn't have pink or blue on it, or look too girly or boyish, in some way?! Jeepers! I spent the last couple hours scouring the net looking for ONE cute layout background that will last me till... tomorrow. (hopefully)

I'm hoping that once we have our ultrasound, tomorrow, we'll find out if we're having a little boy or a little girl, then we'll be able to insert a handsome little boy background or a pretty little girl theme. Until then, I wanted one that had NO preference, to show that I have no preference.

Tomorrow is THE BIG DAY, Thumper! Be nice to your Mommy and show us, would ya?! You'll get tons of cuter things if you do show the goods. Promise!

Today's a very busy day, as was yesterday and as will be, tomorrow.

We spent the day, yesterday, washing the car and truck (J did, not me, ha ha!). Then we ran down and watched a parade, in the next town over. It was quite hot outside (a good 95*F) so we decided instead of spending the day out in the heat and killing ourselves at the local park.. we would head back into town, get some lunch at our favorite brewery then head to the local farmers market to pick up our favorites. Whole Grain bread that weighs like 10 pounds (no kidding!), so fresh and sooooo yummy. Organic fresh picked Raspberries, YUM! A fresh made Baguette, just because I love them and my favorite, Organic Jam from THE BEST jam maker in the world.

Gabrio's Organic Jam is the best, ever. It's made by a local husband and wife who have FULL TIME jobs and create jam in their free time. It's simply the best jam I have ever had and I LOVE jam. (My favorite is Peanut Butter and Jam sandwhiches).

They're a small family with a WHOLE lot of love for Jam and boy do they make it well. They've made it for over 17 years, I believe, and every jar gets better.

I don't believe they ship (as it's just a part-time hobby, for the both of them), however, if you'd like to try some, I'd be happy to pick some up for you at the next Farmers Market and ship it to you. (providing that you pay for the jam and shipping, of course, :))

It really is worth the time and effort, it simply can't get any better.

After the farmer's market, we headed back home, finished installing the drip irrigation system for our tomatoes, then got a call from a friend who lives nearby. Her plans for the weekend got cancelled and wanted to know if we wanted to meet up for some drinks (for them and hubby, not me) and some fireworks. We agreed!

We would have met up for a BBQ before the drinks, however, we already had our dinner cooking on the BBQ and it was almost done. BBQ'd drumsticks, corn on the cob and some watermellon. It was delicious!!

Then we headed down for the evening. After a few beers (again, not me), chatting and catching up, we headed over for the fireworks. We had a GREAT view and a great time. Headed back to watch C light fireworks for the kids and roasted a few marshmellows on the fire. Then it was time to head home.

We made it home by about 11:45pm, but didn't get to bed until after 1:30am. We were EXHAUSTED!

Today, today is cleaning day. Preping, getting ready to spend a couple weeks out of town.

Speaking of.. I need to get going, ha ha! I need to start packing, I think.

I will post our ultrasound results as soon as possible, so check back for those, tomorrow. Until then, have a wonderful time and enjoy this wonderful Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. This is a super cute theme!

    Wishing you the best of luck tomorrow - I want to know too!

    Drinks? I thought you guys were mormon...or are they fake drinks? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

❤Share the love and leave me a comment below!❤