- Must ask the following questions:
- Now that we know that my placenta is anterior, is there any possible complications that could arrise with having it all up front?
- My placenta lays all up front, is it at all possible, to have the placenta smoosh the baby and some how squish the life out of it?
- I've heard that now we shouldn't be sleeping on our back or our stomach anymore, to prevent possible umbilical cord smashing which could kill the baby... is there anyway to prevent myself from rolling over in my sleep, because I tend to wake up on my back, sometimes?
- How much weight should I have gained up to this point?
June 21st, 2009 - Father's Day
- This is Jeff's first "REAL" Father's Day, since he never got the chance to spend it with his older children (ever! Their mom would say they were going on vacation.)
- Must pick up a perfect, first dad's day, gift for him.
June 22nd, 2009 - Jeff's BIG 50th Birthday!
- On top of Father's Day being the day before... I now have to plan for Jeff's BIG birthday bash! I don't know what the heck we're going to do, however, I'm sure it will be fun!
June 26th, 2009 - Our Engagement Anniversary & Jeff's Sister's Birthday!
- We'll probably go out to eat, that night, for our engagement anniversary evening, or maybe we'll stay home. Who knows.
- We do, however, have to call and wish Jeff's sister, Diane, a big happy birthday!
July 3rd, 2009 - Annabelle's 2nd Birthday!!
- We'll have to plan her party, probably at a pizza place, so everyone can bring their kids and have a good time and it won't be too stressful, after all, she will be TWO!
- I MUST shop for some new toys to take in her carry on bag on vacation, to keep the girl occupied. Depending on what she gets, if anything, at her birthday party, we may bring that stuff, too.
July 4th, 2009 - BIG Independence Day BBQ!!
- I don't know what the heck we're doing for this, however, I am sure it will be spent with either The Evans' or at home in the backyard with the swimming pool. Either way, it'll be a blast.
July 6th, 2009 - 20 WEEK ULTRASOUND & OB Appointment!
- Must convince the baby to show the goods!!!
- Bribe the baby with anything that will work, to show the goods!! :)
- Once we know, then we have to run to the store to buy a gender specific clothing item to give my mom, maybe a pink shirt that says, "I'm a Grandma to a Princess on the Way" or "I'm a Grandma to another little Prince!" or something of the sort. We'll have to figure it out.
- We also have to spend this evening packing for our trip up to see "Happy!"
(My mom's name is Jackie, however, Annabelle seems to think
that she should be called Happy!, so that's what we call her.)
July 7th, 2009 - Fly Up To See Happy!!!
- Wake up at 4am!! (load everything the night before)
- Shower, Dress, etc.
- Wake, Bathe & Dress The Punkin RIGHT before we leave.
- Be at the Airport by 5am!
- Depart Eugene, Oregon at 6:40am (Did you hear that?! 6:40AM with a TWO year old!)
- Arrive in Seattle, Washington at 7:45am
- Spend the next 2 hours getting to our next gate, eating a bit, keeping Annabelle occupied, etc.
- Depart Seattle, Washington at 9:55am
- Arrive in Wenatchee, Washington at 10:35am!!
So as you can tell, it's going to be a BUSY next couple of weeks.. so much to do and so little time that is getting shorter by the second. Litterally, lol. (Sorry!! I had to!)
Speaking of time flying by and the seconds getting shorter and shorter... here's my 17w belly picture: (for the record, I've gained absolutely NO weight. Actually I've lost like 2 pounds.)
Dear My Little Kicker,
You've been in my belly for over 4 months, now. It seems like time has just zoomed past us, without warning. I can still remember the day that I married your dad and we talked, immediately, about having children. I remember the long, hard, 4 year wait and don't regret it for a second. Each and every single moment in time that I had to sit and wait is so worth one moment with you now. I charish every single minute of every single day. I absolutely adore having you in my belly, baking away, awaiting your arrival. I wouldn't change ONE thing about my pregnancy and having you, not one. I'd do it a million times over again, if it means that I can just have your precious little life, in mine.
Just this month, you started kicking up a storm. I remember the very first time I felt your kicks. I wasn't feeling so well, so I went to lay on the couch. I just happened to lay on my belly and I think it made you mad. I'm sorry, my precious little one. I wasn't trying to squish the life out of you, I was just trying to keep from passing out and cracking my head open, or harming you in some way. You simply warned me with two precious little kicks right below my belly button. I was so happy to feel those. I waited for a few seconds longer, hoping to feel just one more, but didn't want to squish you, so I moved.
Since then, you've graced me with kick after kick after kick. Roll after roll and wiggle after wiggle. I LOVE feeling your movements. The feeling just doesn't get any better. To feel a human life growing inside of your belly and knowing that you're in there, happy, warm & comfortable. It's the best feeling a mommy could have.
We've also got to see you, again, this month. Your precious little mouth was moving, open and closed, open and closed, practicing swollowing, I'm sure. You also graced us with a few little hand waves. It was so precious to see your movements in there. I'm sorry mommy had to lay on her back and squish you with her placenta, however, that's how the doctor wanted mommy to lay, so we could see you, on ultrasound.
We've got a big visit coming up, here in a few short weeks. This is the big one, my precious little one. You've got to show us if you're male or female, that way when we go visit grammy, we can tell her. She'll be so excited to see you, ya know? She'd be even more excited if we could tell her what you were. Mommy and Daddy also need to know what you are so we can continue planning for your arrival and make sure we have things just perfect. We still have a few items to pick up, but we want them to match your gender, so you have to show us, okay? If you do, I promise to give you all the Mommy Milk, you could ask for, when you greet us. I'll even try to eat lots of fruits to make it takes like ice cream. Maybe you will like that.
I love you, my little one. Each and everyday that passes brings me one day closer to meeting you and seeing your beautiful face. I can't wait to hold your hand, and study your fingers and toes, your wrinkles & your features. You make me so proud to be your mama.
I love you with everything I have!