Monday, June 15, 2009

18w Thumper Update

Today we had our 18w OB appointment. We received the results to our "Quad Screen" blood test that we took 2 weeks ago, to measure Thumper's hormones to see if he/she potentially has any chromosomal abnormalities. Results will be posted at the end of the post.

We asked the major questions that I still had:

Q: Does an anterior placenta cause any unusual issues unlike a posterior placenta, or does it matter?

A: It doesn't matter. While posterior placenta's happen more often, it doesn't matter which side it's on, front or back, it's just about the same when it comes to the baby.

Q: Is my weight gain okay for this far in the pregnancy?

A: Yes! Although I have only gained 0 pounds, so far, my weight gain is PERFECT. Average america is way overboard when it comes to weight gain during pregnancy and the size of the babies that come from it. My doctor thinks it's unhealthy for mom's AND babies to gain a bunch of weight and have the babies come out at 8.5+ pounds. She says babies are supposed to be 6.5-7.5 pounds, not much more. The more weight you gain, the more baby gains, the harder it is on both people during labor and birth, the harder it is to recoup from it all. So she's very happy with my weight so far.

Q: Is it possible for me to pass Lactose Intolerance or Irritable Bowel Syndrome on to the baby, some how?

A: Potentially, yes, however, it's one of those 50/50 things.. either the baby will have it, or it won't, just like any other child out there. However, Lactose Intolerance will be passed on easier than IBS.

Q: When should we pre-register for the hospital?

A: Once we hit the late 20's weeks. Around week 28-30.

Q: Is it okay that I'm eating like a cow?

A: Yes! As long as you're eating healthy foods, feel free to eat as much as you want!


Thumper's heart rate was 153bpm, this time. Took a minute to find the heartbeat, as usual, until I reminded her that I have an anterior placenta, then she quickly moved to my hip bone area, and found it right away. A nice, strong heart beat, as usual.

2 more weeks and then I'll get another ultrasound and it just so happens to be THE ultrasound that we need Thumper to show the goods! We really can't wait. I just want to see our babe again and know that all is well in there, although with all the kids, punches, head butts, etc, I'm sure things are just fine. :)

Now, for the RESULTS:

They checked all my hormone levels, the hormones that are made by baby and passed to me. All levels came back WELL within the NORMAL range, so all is 100% good with baby! YAY!

The best news of the day, let me tell ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

❤Share the love and leave me a comment below!❤