Tuesday, January 12, 2010

BIRTHDAY'S ALL AROUND

THE MONKEY,

As I sit and ponder this day, January 12, 2010, I can’t help but look back on all that I’ve been blessed with this past year. You see, today isn’t only your two month birthday, but it’s Mommy’s birthday as well. Today mommy turns 23 years old.

Over this past year I have been blessed with so many things that I never thought would happen. Things that I couldn’t have dreamed would come true. As well as some things that I wished wouldn’t have.

This very same time, last year, your Great Grandma passed away. I was blessed to meet her and visit with her a few times before she went and you couldn’t have had a better Great Grandma. She was a precious woman. You would have loved her as I’m sure you still will when we tell you about her. We were blessed that she went peacefully as we couldn’t have asked for anything better. That was such her style. She was a wonderful woman.

Not only that, but this time last year we were no closer to having you, our sweet precious little man. Mommy and Daddy had talked to the doctors and finally started planning our cycle. We hadn’t started our meds and as far as Mommy knew, we were never going to have you. Thankfully things went much better than we could have expected and we were blessed with your little presence just a short month later. Mommy couldn’t have asked for a better outcome; YOU!

You’ve come such a long way in just two short months. I don’t see how all this happens so fast. It seems so cliché to say, “Where has the time gone?” but nothing encompasses it better? The time has flown by and now you’re not my precious little infant anymore. You’re growing into the most handsome little boy, before my eyes, and I am so very proud of you. You’ve gone from a squishy little bobble head to holding your head up and rolling over in our bed. I don’t know how you do it.

You’ve learned to smile, to laugh, to coo, although your laugh isn’t really a laugh; it’s more of a forced explosion of enthusiasm but it’s completely cute none the less. Your smile is THE best thing that I’ve ever seen. I can’t describe the feeling that I have, as a mother, your mother, to wake up and see your precious little smile when our eyes meet. It’s the best feeling a mother could have. To know that you recognize me and that you are smiling at me because you know me. You’re happy and because you’re happy that you’re seeing me. I turn to a huge pile of sap every time. Your toothless grin is the best, ever. EVER.

My handsome boy, you look like your father more and more everyday. It’s funny to go from, “oh! He looks so much like both of you, it’s hard to tell!” to “Wow, he looks like his dad!” in such a short amount of time. I love to watch you sleep. You couldn’t look like your dad anymore than you do when you sleep. You have the same squished face, the same facial features, the same facial expressions and that same peaceful breathing sound that your dad makes when he’s actually getting good sleep. I, too, hope that your sleep is just as good as his when you make this noise.

You’ve just become interested in your toys, lately. It’s funny to see how you’ve gone from “who cares about that thing spinning above my head” to “stop talking to me because I’m concentrating on this new, fun thing, here.” I love to dangle toys in front of you and watch you bat them with your hands. You haven’t quite learned how to hold onto them or “play” with them yet, but you’ll get there. It’s cute all the same. It melts me, I tell you, it does.

It’s so amazing to watch you grow and turn into a little man. You impress your dad and I way more than we can keep up with. Continue, my son, we love it.

Love,
Your mom.

Stephanie M.
jrsmama2009@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

❤Share the love and leave me a comment below!❤