Sunday, January 31, 2010

THANK YOU


As I've mentioned in the last couple of posts, or last post.. THE MONKEY has started the dreaded teething. It hit him like a ton of bricks one day and hasn't stopped or calmed down since. He's been his normal, happy self during the moring and afternoon, however, once four o' clock pm hits, all hell breaks loose. I am not kidding. It's as if Satan (S.A.T.A.N.) himself ate my child and is reaking havoc on my household. It doesn't stop until somewhere between eight and nine o' clock pm. He screams and cries, full crocodile tears and all, and nothing seems to help his poor little soul. His gums don't seem to be swollen or red, just yet, but the drooling is like a raging river of death, he's chewing on ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that he can find and fit into his tiny little mouth.

Despite all of the mass panic about this new little teething situation, we think we've stumbled upon a helpful solution. Or cure, er, I mean treatment.

Last night we went down to our local health food store to look at their "all natural" solutions to common ailments. While fumbling through the issles filled with anything and everything in between, we stumbled upon Wellements® Organic Gripe Water. Gripe Water is made with 100% all natural, certified organic ingredients. It contains NO ALCOHOL or sucrose, it's free of any preservatives and is GMO and Gluten free.

Gripe Water is used for colic like symptoms as well as teething, gas, hiccups, stomach upset, etc. We used it on THE MONKEY last night, BEFORE his symptoms usually hit and we had a happy baby all night long. Absolutely no crying fits. No crocodile tears.. need I say more?

I think my heart can finally start putting itself back together again, for now.

This stuff is magic.

I know, I know.. How can ONE night be enough to tell if it works? Let me tell you. When you have a two and a half month old precious baby boy who is screaming... SCREAMING his poor little head off for a few hours on end, EVERY. SINGLE. EVENING. because he's in pain.. giving him one night of being pain free is enough to say it works, for me. The crap is magic, I tell you.

I purchased a 4oz bottle for $9.90. A cheap price to pay for a happy little baby!

Stephanie M.
jrsmama2009@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Keep us posted if it continues working! I hate overmedicating the munchkin, but I hate listening to the wailing and watching that sad little face contort even more. We had been using tylenol, which works reasonably well, but we upped the ante to motrin this week as she popped two teeth at once (and the back ones seem to be coming in now. My dentist told me that these are worse. So either the kid gets medicated or I do!). We've done baby orajel a couple of times - it works like absolute magic, but scares us to use.

    one thought - be careful of teething biscuits. I read an article a few months ago that some contain belladonna and that the "doses" in them don't tend to be standardized. I can't find the original, but here are some references:
    http://www.epinions.com/kifm-review-6D90-CBA9126-39256517-prod3/show_~allcom

    ReplyDelete

❤Share the love and leave me a comment below!❤