Wednesday, February 10, 2010


Two weeks ago I started to feel a sickness coming on. I wasn't quite sure what it was, but was pretty sure that it was just a cold. My throat got a little scratchy but after two days, that's as bad as it got. Then I had a good 12 hours where I was feeling great. One hundred percent back to normal. I spent the day down at the mall with my husband and felt fine. However, by the end of the day the scratchy throat was back and I was starting to ache all over. I spent the rest of that weekend napping and feeling crappy all over.

After two weeks of only getting worse, my husband decided enough was enough and that I needed to be taken to the doctor to see what the heck was up. I agreed due to the fact that THE MONKEY woke up a bit congested this morning as well.

We arrived at the doctor's office this morning and I immediately put my face mask on, hoping not to spread my germs anywhere in the office. After a few minutes of waiting, they asked me back. My doctor came into the room and asked me a few question after which point told me it was okay to remove my mask. His questioning was somewhere along the lines of:

Dr: "how long have you been sick?"
Me: "two weeks, today"
Dr: "Have you gotten any better?"
Me: "I had a sore throat for 2 days then it seemed to get better for a few hours, then BAM, it was back, full force... now I'm just getting worse."
Dr: "Do you feel any sinus pressure or is it all in your lungs?"
Me: "I'm having some sinus congestion but nothing that blowing my nose doesn't take care of."
Dr: "Okay.. you can take your mask off.. this is a you thing. I have a feeling that the same thing is happening that happened last year, when you got a cold that turned itself into bronchitis. I'm sure it's the same thing. Started out as a cold two weeks ago and now it's a late form of bronchitis, possibly an early form of pneumonia. You're not contagious, the cold would have been gone by day 10, at the latest and that was 4 days ago."

Walking pneumonia, he called it. Lovely.

Thankfully he faxed over a RX for an antibiotic to kick this in the butt and get me better. However, he did warn me that it was completely safe to take while nursing but there's a possibility of it changing the taste of my milk and I would need to watch THE MONKEY for signs of rejection. If he does reject it.. to just pump and dump for the next 5-6 days and give him formula. Sounds good to me. I did take my first 2 pills, as instructed, and he hasn't refused it yet, but it's only been 6 hours, or so.

We'll see what the next few days holds.

Stephanie M.

1 comment:

  1. Ohh geeze girl! You have been through the ringer and back with sickness. Arggg I hope you get to feeling better and hope your meds kick this thing in the butt! If you need anything please let me know. Luv you guys. Give that little monkey kisses from his aunti sheri. ;)


❤Share the love and leave me a comment below!❤