Monday, February 01, 2010

DAY 2 & 3: UPDATE

Yesterday I blogged about a miracle product called Wellements® Organic Gripe Water. Please read the DAY 1 review, here.

Since he doesn't teeth much, (or should I say he doesn't show many signs of being in pain), during the day... I don't give him any Gripe Water during the day. The majority of our issue starts in the early evening so that's the only time that I give him any. Even if it is all natural and 100% organic, I don't want to give it to him if I don't have to. However, I don't want to see him in any amount of pain, either.

I continued and gave him another dose yesterday afternoon and another in the evening and I do have to say that DAY 2 was a success. No outbursts of crying, no fighting while nursing, no crying, at all, really. I'm one very happy mommy.

DAY 3 went just as well. If he starts to get a little fussy, I just pop some in his mouth and he's a happy little camper. It seems to work VERY quickly and seems to last a while. There isn't really anything that I'm not happy about, to tell you the truth!

I do have to mention, however, that I don't give him the full dose, as suggested, on the bottle. The box reads:

Babies 0-1 month of age: 2.5ml every 2 hours as needed.
Babies 1-6 months of age: 5ml every 2 hours as needed.
Children 6 months and older: 10ml every 2 hours as needed.
Adults: 30ml every 2 hours as needed.


I, however, do not follow this guideline. I give my 2.5 month old son 1ml every 4-5 hours and it seems to be enough for him. Sometimes, if he seems a little bit fussy then I will give him another 1ml dose 2 hours after the previous dose. To me, however, 5ml seems like a bit much for an infant to take.


I suggest talking to your doctor before using or giving your child ANY medication or herbal supplements. Even if it is over the counter.


Needless to say, I am very impressed with the product and I have tasted it myself and it isn't all that bad. It has a bit of tartness but pretty good, none the less.

Stephanie M.
jrsmama2009@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. We used gripe water with our first ... with Ethan we used organic capsules, homeopathic stuff.

    ReplyDelete

❤Share the love and leave me a comment below!❤