Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Cribbing - Part 1

When I found I was pregnant with my son, my intention was to purchase things that could be used with all of our future children. To buy things that were of good quality and that would work with both genders (in case that happened) and over several years.

On Mother's Day 2009, I was only about 10 weeks pregnant and my husband's Mother's Day present to me was to take me Babies R Us and purchase our complete nursury. Our crib, changing table, dresser, all matching, of course. Our nursery decor that came complete with lamps, hanging canvas paintings and even the supplies to let me paint my own.

Soon after my son was born, he was quickly moved into our bed. We co-sleeped. Bed shared. Whatever you want to call it. I nursed him successfully for almost 13 months and I wasn't going to get up and go to his room a couple times per night so he could nurse. At 10 months, however, he was still waking up at least twice per night. I had had enough. We transitioned him to his crib and was stoked that he had his own space to sleep.

Not to long after that, we found out that our crib had recently been recalled. It was a drop side crib and it was no longer safe for children to use drop side cribs. We ordered the replacement parts and sadly enough, they were a BRIGHT RED piece of plastic that stabilized the side and made it stationary. I was devistated. Sad that I spent so much money to make my nursery perfect, yet due to complete neglect from the crib company, my crib was now ruined. I now have BRIGHT RED pieces protruding on the front of my precious boys crib. While it may not be a big deal to some, it is to me.

This next time around, I will be buying a new crib. You can bet it will not be from the same company as the one I purchased previously. They have ruined their reputation for me and I am saddened that they were treat their customers so rudly.

(to be continued...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

❤Share the love and leave me a comment below!❤