Even before I got pregnant, I've always loved the closeness that a baby carrier could provide to both parent and child. Even then, I couldn't imagine how helpful one could be. That is.. until I got pregnant. Thinking about all the daunting tasks I'm going to have to accomplish WITH a little one at my side can have me in a bit of a panic. The helpfulness of a baby carrier is something that I truly need to have.. it's no longer a "wanted" item.. it's a necessity.
I was emailed a link to a wonderful site, La Stella Blu and they host a wide variety of baby carriers. One for each kind of parent, if you ask me. They have BabyHawk Mei Tais, Hotslings, Ergo Baby Carriers, Moby Wraps, EllaRoo Carriers, Catbird Baby Carriers, Sproutpouches and so much more. They also have Babylegs and organic items there as well.
I, personally, want one of the Moby Wraps. I am 34 weeks, today and I plan on breastfeeding. I love the closeness and ability to breastfeed and be hands free! Here are some of the statistics/advantages of using a moby wrap:
- Moby Wrap uses your entire back, as well as your shoulders, to carry the weight of your baby.
- Moby Wraps are amazingly comfortable baby carriers. No buckles, snaps, or fasteners.
- Made of soft, comfortable 100% cotton jersey - just like your favorite T-shirt.
- Stretchy fabric hugs baby close without feeling restrictive. Adjust the fit of your moby wrap by varying how tightly you wrap yourself and baby.
- Moby Wrap is perfect from preemie through 35lbs.
I cannot wait to order mine and try it out with my new little muchkin who will be here very... very soon!