Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Chili's Review

A few weeks ago, we were given a $50 gift card and asked to review Chili's new menu and write about our experience. If you know me, at all, you know that I am a HUGE foodie. I love anything that has to do with food. Preping, cooking, presenting, eating, photography, etc. If it has food involved, I'm in. So it's not surprise that I jumped at this chance. Are you kidding me? All my life I've wanted to be a food judge, so was I going to pass up the opportunity to be a food judge AND get paid for it?! Oh heck no! I immediately emailed back that I was definitely interested and needless to say, when I told my husband about our new 'job', he was even happier than I was!

Chili's is a great, family-friendly restaurant that caters to everyone, as well as every budget. They have great meals for cheap prices and the best thing about them, other than the price, is that they do not skimp on flavor! We've tried a bunch of things off the menu and we've never had a bad experience or tasted a bad item. We've also never had someone tell us that we can't change our order a certain way, it's great. We love to customize things to our specifications and mix and match with other menu items. I think it's a deep rooted fear of missing out on something, but hey! It works for us!

We went and had a wonderful time! The new menu is just as great as ever and I couldn't be happier with our experience! We enjoyed our appetizer of deep fried cheese stick paired with a zesty marinara sauce. Then we happily munched down our entre's. I had a pan seared salmon with tender broccoli and carrot sticks and a nice hot bowl of steaming cinnamon apples on the side. Sr happy scarfed down his fall off the bone ribs (which were divine!) and chicken, or was it steak? I can't remember. I was too excited about my food to pay attention to his. Regardless, it was delicious. He also had a wonderful loaded smashed potatoes with crispy bacon chunks, grated cheese and sour cream. Sr enjoyed his appitizer with a nice cold beer and mine was paired with a nice cold lemonade. We also managed to suck down a super fab dessert. a piping hot square of Paradise Pie, which isn't pie, by the way. It's only what I can describe as a tropical brownie topped with an ice cold scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzled with chocolate sauce. The Paradise Pie was a wannabe brownie without all the chocolate of a brownie but with chocolate chips, coconut flakes, and some other fab flavors. This stuff is the food of the gods, let me tell you! I don't usually like things like this but uh huh, this is my fav! We all left completely stuff to the gills and had a wonderful time, to boot!

Chili's has a wonderful variety of food from chicken, to seafood, to beef, to pork. They also have a wide array of sides and all are completely fabulous. Some of my favorites are their pulled pork tacos, TO.DIE.FOR! Their chicken enchilada soup is also amazing!! Oh and their molten chocolate cake for dessert?! Um.. YES PLEASE!

I definitely recommend stopping in to have dinner at Chili's! Tell them I sent you! Why? Because I love them, that's why! It's super simple and it's super delicious! And you don't have to do dishes! What more could you ask for?

Chili's is also hosting a fab new contest title "Shout Out To Eat Out" open until August 30, 2010! Simply upload a 10-30 second video explaining why you don't want to cook tonight and you could win a $50 gift card to Chili's!


See, even Junior had a great time!


I want to send a special thank you to Chili's for offering us the $50 gift card to try out their new menu. I was not compensated in any other way to write this post and all statements within it are my own, honest opinions.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun!! I also love Chili's and reading your post made me so hungry! :) And your little one is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! And an award for you!
    http://thecheapandchoosy.blogspot.com/2010/07/blog-with-substance-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. love Chili's and you're so pretty in that pic!

    I really like the new blog look! and love that pic of your cutie in the header!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just have to say.....Your LO is sooooo cute! Those eyes get ya every time!

    ReplyDelete

❤Share the love and leave me a comment below!❤