Monday, July 19, 2010

SodaStream Review



SodaStream is a super fab company that was developed to modernize and create an eco-friendly way of making soda. You no longer have to run to the store, lug all those cans or bottles of soda into the cart then into the car and into the house. Only to throw 1/2 the product away or take even MORE time to collect all the bottles or cans for recycling. Not only that but you can't customize your soda! With SodaStream, you can add the amount of flavoring AND carbonation that you want. Do you like heavy carbonation with a little bit of flavor? No problem! Light carbonation with heavy flavor? Not a problem! Sparking water with a spritz of lemon flavor? Easy peasy! Sparking water with NO flavor? That's simple, too!

SodaStream carries a great line of SodaStream models. From the super simple to more elite and stylish. They also have a super cute penguin model. They have two sizes of Co2 tanks to choose from, one that produces enough Co2 for 60 liters of soda and a larger size that produces enough Co2 for 110 liters of soda! They also have 39 flavors of soda to choose from. From original cola to diets to cream sodas, flavored waters, as well as some fruit flavored sodas. Erin was super generous in sending me their Fountain Jet Starter Kit in black, as well as 9 soda flavors and a pack of MyWater Lemon Essence for review.

Likes: I love that everything is 100% customizable. I love that I can adjust my carbonation, my flavor, etc. I also love that the flavor really tastes like what it says it is. I also love that I don't have to worry about lugging soda around and once we're done enjoying it, loading up all the cans, bottles, etc to take it to recycle. I love how simple it is and how eco-friendly it is. No more wasting bottle after bottle or can after can. Simply reuse the bottle and enjoy as much as you want. I also love that the bottle that is provided with the kit is PERFECT for 1 soda for me and 1 for my husband. You don't have to worry about making a huge 2 liter and only drinking half of it and the rest going to waste. Also, I am so all over the place that sometimes I want a lemon soda, other times I want root beer. Then fruit and back to lemon. I love that I don't have to worry about either drinking a HUGE 2 liter by myself or having some go to waste because I wanted something different. The size is just perfect. I also love that the diet flavors don't contain Aspartame and there is NO high fructose corn syrup in the other sodas! Did I mention that their bottles are also BPA Free!! Nice!

Dislikes: It did take a bit of getting used to. I was terrified that when I first used it that it was going to explode, ha ha! But after the second or third use, I was way more comfortable and got used to it. I did have to watch a video online because when it says "push the button three times until you hear a loud BUZZ" I was confused. I pushed it three times and didn't hear a buzz and was afraid it was going to explode so I had to google a youtube video to hear what the buzz sounded like before I felt comfortable enough to continue. After that I realized that it meant push it in pulses until you hear a loud BUZZ then do it 2 more times to achieve average soda carbonation. 5 times for high carbonation and 1-2 times for light carbonation. It wasn't bad though.

Rating: 9 out of 10

Would you like to have a SodaStream machine for yourself or someone you love? Here's how you can!

Buy It! Visit SodaStreamUSA and purchase a Fountain Jet Starter Kit for $99.95!

I want to send a special thank you to SodaStream for sending us the review items. I was not compensated in any other way to write this post and all statements within it are my own, honest opinions.

3 comments:

  1. I had a soda stream experience during the Taste Test event! Its really phenomenal. Making your own cola and sparkling water at home has never been this convenient and eco friendly...

    ReplyDelete
  2. great review! we saw these at our local warehouse market and I can't wait to try it out

    Christy, Home-Mom.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had a sodastream machine now for a few years and I think it is great. You get used to the kinks very quickly and dont even notice them. We love it here!

    ReplyDelete

❤Share the love and leave me a comment below!❤