Thursday, April 16, 2009

First OB visit - Update!

Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 9w1d - US
Baby Measuring: 9w4d - 3 days ahead!
Heart Rate: 169bpm
My Weight: 128lbs. (down 11 pounds, overall)

Q: I've been drinking Fat Free milk, is that okay or should I be drinking a milk with higher fat content (or SOME fat content)?
Nope, that milk is absolutely PERFECT! It may be a different story if we found out later on that I am having a hard time gaining weight, but for now, it's perfectly fine.

Q: We were told, during IVF, that once we have our egg retrieval, we shouldn't have sex till after we know the pregnancy test... is it safe now?
Yes, it is completely fine and completely safe as long as both parties are feeling comfortable.

Q: I am terrified (okay not terrified, but a little worried) that my body shape/size is too small to carry a baby. All the babies in our family are over 8 pounds and I am afraid that it will be too big for me to have vaginally, what do you think?
It doesn't matter how small you are, it depends on the size, shape and flexability of your pelvis. If your pelvis is very narrow and doesn't have much give, come labor time, then obviously you're not going to be delivering vaginally.*after checking my pelvis, internally, she thinks that my pelvis will be FINE, to have an 8 pound baby!*

Q: I have two spine issues (which I explained to her) and my neurologist recommended getting pain blockers (shots in my spine) and physical therapy to help toughen the muscles in my back. Do you think that's a good idea or should we wait till after the baby is born?
I think it's a great idea! The shots will NOT affect baby and the strengthened muscles will help immensly when it comes to the weight of the baby belly AND more importantly when it comes to labor and pushing. I would incourage you to do so.

Q: I've heard of MANY MANY things in which I should not eat, or eat less of, because I am pregnant, are there any truths to this or what do you suggest?
The only thing you CAN'T eat is Polar Bear liver (YUCK!). There are other things that you SHOULDN'T have like alcohol, ciggerettes, etc, but they're not PROHIBITED. We strongly advise against them, but they won't kill you. Women have been having babies for thousands and thousands of years, crawling around in the dirt and the mud and eating raw decomposing animals that their husband's killed a few days before, if they can eat that, I think you'll be okay with salad bars, hot dogs and lunch meat.

Q: Due to my size and shape, how much weight are we shooting for gaining through this whole process?
With your back issues and the problems (major headaches) that you've been having because of your back, I don't want you gaining ANYTHING over 25 pounds. It would be best if you shot for 20. That would give the baby enough room & weight to grow but wouldn't be putting any unneeded strain on your back. If you go over it's going to KILL your back and it could cause problems during labor if your back is already shot.

So, I think we're good! We have our next few OB appointments set up for:
Monday, May 18, 2009 - 14(ish) weeks
Monday, June 15, 2009 - 18(ish) weeks
Monday, July 6, 2009 - 21(ish) weeks - GENDER ULTRASOUND!

Happy 4th Of july to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

❤Share the love and leave me a comment below!❤