Sunday, November 01, 2009

I AM NOT GOOD

I am a perfectionist. Perfectionist when it comes to my own abilities. If I know when and how to do something, it simply has to be done to the best of my abilities and when I mean to the best of my abilities, it has to be done perfect. No. Better than perfect.

Often times, I get lots of props for creating things and to me, that makes me happy. I love to make things and give them away. I love to use my abilities to help others and to put smiles on their faces. It's one of my most favorite things to do.

I've always been creative and had an "eye" for creative things. I love to scrapbook, design graphics, blog, write in my son's journal, paint and do anything that has to do with a craft store. I simply love to do it all.

People often wonder what I'm not good at. These are things that I'm NOT good at:

  • READING: While I do love to read things of interest to me and while I can and do read perfectly fine, I have a very hard time getting into certain subjects and I often get bored easily. I fall out of focus and can't seem to make myself finish almost any book. Reading is NOT one of my forte's.
  • PATIENCE: If you know anything about me, the first thing you would know is that I am not patient. Bad enough that I have a hard time waiting for things to happen. I can NOT be late and often have my phone alarm set for things way in advance. If something is happening at 4pm, I have to set my phone for when to get up, when to get ready, when to leave and what time I'm supposed to be there. Some would call me obsessive compulsive but I like to just say I'm prepared.
  • LAUNDRY: Now don't get me wrong, I know HOW to do laundry but to put it bluntly, I suck at it. I swear someone put a hex on me when it comes to laundry. Anytime I attempt to do laundry, something bad happens. Somehow I miss a pocket and money gets washed and ruined, I miss a chapstick and the cloths get ruined, I miss a colored garment in a pile of white cloths and it all gets ruined. Not only does the colored sock stain the white cloths, but the bleach ruins the sock. No matter how careful I am, it doesn't seem to work. SOMETHING always goes wrong.
  • LETTING THINGS BE: If I see someone doing something wrong or not doing it the way it should be done, I have a hard time "letting things be". I have to step in to fix it. Here's a few examples;
    • When my husband steps into the kitchen to cook anything (and I mean A.N.Y.T.H.I.N.G) I have to be in there to "oversee" that things go according to plan. I have to make sure things are done completely and to my specifications. I'm not one of those that yells or gets aggressive but I have to laugh at how he does things and "help him along" a little.
    • When I see someone at a store who is looking for something and I happen to know where it is, I can't let them be to find it themselves. I have to tell them (and sometimes show them) where it is.
    • If I'm standing in line or are somewhere out in public and I over hear someone ask a question and I know the answer, 90% of the time I have to step in and answer it. (now don't get me wrong, I'm not irritating and pushy, I just say things like "sorry to be nosy but I overheard you saying something about (insert subject here) and I was told (insert knowledge here). I hope that helps you in some way".
    • If I'm out in a store or somewhere in public and I see someone who's unsure about something or looks like they're confused or need ideas, I always try to help (if I have ideas).
      • For example: Once while we were out at PetSmart we happened upon a lady who was struggling to keep her large chocolate lab at her side and on the ground. She was talking to a gentleman and was talking about how she has such a hard time talking him for walks because he pulled so much. She had a large prong collar in her hand and was considering purchasing it. I stepped in and said, "I'm sorry to interupt but I over heard you talking about how you're having a hard time walking your dog. This is my German Shepherd, Kaydee, and we went through the same thing. Have you tried using the head harness collar? It teaches them not to pull but is gentle and you don't have to fight with them or choke them. She said that she had tried before but her dog wouldn't leave it alone and kept scratching at it. I told her she should try putting it on her dog and rewarding him with treats or feeding him to keep him preoccupied enough to get used to it. She thanked me and seemed grateful for the ideas.
      • If someone is having a hard time training their dog and I have a few ideas, I try to help when it seems appropriate.
  • HOLDING GRUDGES: While I can become very irritated with things that people do and I can be a force to deal with when someone does something that I don't like or that they shouldn't do. Once someone appologizes, I can't hold a grudge. I'm often called a "push over".
  • SAYING NO: I have a very hard time telling people no, therefore, I'm usually stuck doing something that I would rather not be doing or something that I have a hard time with. All because I like to make people happy and help as much as I can.
  • CALLING PEOPLE: I don't like asking people for things so often times I have a HARD time calling people. I handle rejection very well but for some reason I don't really like to hear someone say no when they can't or won't do something. If I can get around it, I'd much rather avoid the whole thing anyway.
Okay, I think that's enough. It's making me feel crappy now, bwahaha!

So since I'm opening myself up to you... what are some things that you're not good at?


Stephanie M.
jrsmama2009@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

❤Share the love and leave me a comment below!❤