Thursday, November 05, 2009

QUICK, SIMPLE AND DELICIOUS!

You know those days when you just don't have the time or energy to stand in the kitchen and cook for hours and hours on end? Yeah? Well everyday, lately, has been like that. I absolutely LOVE cooking and love trying new things. Fortunately, for me (and my husband), rarely does something taste bad, it's all very delicious and usually very healthy.

Yesterday, for dinner, I had a few hours of advanced notice and thought, for sure, I could come up with something that could spend a few minutes on the stove that I didn't have to spend much time fussing over. I remembered a soup recipe that I had made a while back that was very delicious and perfect for a cold day, like today. It's one that you can make in minutes but also one that can sit on the stove for hours and it just gets better.

The recipe that I had in mind, I couldn't find, so I created another of my own. It's very quick, easy and delicious, I'm telling you!

This recipe would also make a DELICIOUS vegetarian meal, just omit the beef and substitute the beef stock for veggie stock!! Please also feel free to use any veggies that you like; zucchini would be delicious as well as spinach! Please also feel free to use frozen veggies as it would make this even more delicious, I'm sure!

Beefy Vegetable Soup

1 pound lean ground beef
1/2 a medium onion, diced
6 small cloves garlic, diced (we like garlic!)
15 ounce can diced tomatoes
15 ounce can sweet kernel corn
15 ounce can sliced carrots
15 ounce can sweet peas
15 ounce can cannellini beans
15 ounce can pinto beans
47 ounce beef stock (32oz + 15oz can)
2 cups chopped cabbage
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

Heat olive oil in a medium stock pot. Add onions and garlic and saute until golden brown. Add beef and saute until brown.

Add all the canned veggies, beans and stock. Stir until combined and heat over medium heat until bubbly.

Add the cabbage and cook until tender. Serve immediately or don't.

Serve with a loaf of fresh warm french bread, rolls or it would even be great over rice!

Enjoy!

Stephanie M.
jrsmama2009@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

❤Share the love and leave me a comment below!❤