Tuesday, December 15, 2009

CHRISTMAS MEME 2009

Have you started your Christmas shopping yet? Yes, we started a few weeks ago and are almost done.

Tell me about one of your special traditions. One of our special traditions is to get everyone a brand new pair of pajamas. We open our new pajamas on christmas eve and wear our new get-up on the big day. It's something we did as a kid that I've brought with me to my adulthood.

When do you put up your tree? We usually put up our tree on the day after Thanksgiving, however, this year... we didn't get to it till the Sunday afterward.

Are you a Black Friday shopper? Nope, I never have been but it's a HUGE thing around here so I might get into it. I couldn't this year due to having a 2 week old but next year.. I may very well participate!

Do you travel at Christmas or stay home? Usually we stay home, I cook a huge meal and we have friends over. This year, we're heading up north to Grandma's house. It's a 10 hour drive (with a 6 week old!) but it'll be amazing, I'm sure!

What's a special Christmas memory of yours? One year.. I remember asking my mom, on Christmas Eve, what time we were getting up to open presents. She responded with one o' clock. We were so sad. We didn't want to wait that long, at all. We went to bed and were so disappointed. That is.. until my mom came in at 1am and woke us up to open our presents. We were so tired that it took a LOT of coaxing to get us out of bed. We did and had so much fun opening our gifts. That year I received roller blades and went roller-blading in the fired departments parking lot, next door, in the snow. It was so much fun.

What's your favorite Christmas movie? I would definitely have to say How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

Do you bake any Christmas treats? If so, what are they? This year it's been a little hard to make any treats, period, but I have managed to make some pumpkin bread, christmas cookies and I'm very close to making peanut brittle. Yum!

Fake or real tree? Real... all the way! We spend the day after Thanksgiving (usually), out at the Christmas tree farm. Choosing, cutting and trimming our tree, we love it!

When, as a mom, does the panick set in, to get it all done? This is my first Christmas, as a mom, so I haven't had much time to think about panicking. Next year may be a different story.

Are you still wrapping presents on Christmas Eve? Nope, we buy and wrap the presents right away. We usually finish the week or so before so there's nothing left to get or wrap on Christmas Eve.

What's your favorite Christmas song? Oh Holy Night. My husband sings this and I absolutely LOVE it! LOVE. IT.

Stephanie M.
jrsmama2009@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

❤Share the love and leave me a comment below!❤