Tuesday, September 28, 2010

CSN Review - Paint Mug & Knife Set



Now you all know that I am a huge fan of CSN Stores. They have just about anything you could want from over 200 shops, all under one roof. What can be better than that? They have a great selection of products and they are my favorite place to shop, by far.

Recently, CSN hooked me up with yet another review and this time I choose to review a Paint Your Own Mug by Wild Republic as well as a 14 piece Bakelite Traditional Knife and Block set from Ginsu. Here's what I think about each of these products:

I love that this little mug can be personalized to whom ever we choose to paint it for. It can be a super cute little Christmas present for a grandparent, a birthday present for a cousin, a Mother's or Father's day gift or it could even be a special little mug for a special little boy. We have a super cute little "special" plate that says, "It's YOUR special day" that we plan to use for special occasions; birthdays, graduations, special achievements, etc. and this little mug would be perfect to paint like that, as well.

I also love that it can be personalized to match any occasion. It's easy to do and even the smallest little one can paint on this mug. Who doesn't love abstract art, anyway. There's no 'color inside the lines' or requirement to paint a certain picture. The fun is up to you and what you want to do. (I'm a poet! :) ) I love the price and I love that it's cheap enough to get one for each child without spending an arm and a leg.

Mug Rating: 10 out of 10!

Now on to the Ginsu Knife & Block set. My husband and I have had the same knives our entire marriage and he had them way before that, I'm sure of it. They're wood handles, super old and as dull as a butter knife. No, I'm pretty sure a butter knife would cut better than our old knives. Safety is a top priority in our house and dull knives are NOT safe. The more pressure you put on a knife, the easier it is for the food your chopping/slicing/etc to become unstable and the higher the chance of possible injury to you or someone else in the house or in our case, neighborhood. The sharper a knife is, the less pressure you have to put on it to cut the food item, the safer it is because it's easier to control and maneuver. Needless to say, when I received these knives I was super excited to try them out. I have to say, I'm in love. While they're not the most expensive knives out there, by far, they're pretty freggin fantastic. They slice and dice and chop and mince. I'm a food network groupie and 99% of the time that's what's on my TV. I love to cook and ease of use when it comes to a knife is everything to me. These knives slice through things like they're butter. They're super sharp, easy to handle and are just great. They received great reviews from other CSN Shoppers (you can read for yourself - here) and that is a must, for me. The only bad thing I've read about these knives, from other owners, is that they tend to get tiny rust spots when put in the dishwasher a few times. However, when you think about it, they're metal. Any metal is going to rust when exposed to moisture and high heat over time. (My advice is to keep a can of Bar Keepers Friend around just for such an occasion. - It will remove the rust without even having to scrub!)

Ginsu Rating: 9 out of 10!!

Overall CSN Rating: 10 out of 10!!

Would you like to have a Wild Republic Paint Your Own Mug or a Ginsu 14 piece Knife & Block set (from CSN Stores) for yourself or someone you love? Here's how you can!

Buy It! Visit CSN Stores and purchase a Wild Republic Paint Your Own Mug for $5.99 and a Ginsu 14 piece Knife & Block set for $29.99!
I would like to send a special Thank You to CSN for providing us the item reviewed as well as the giveaway item(s)! I was not compensated in any other way for this post and will not receive commission off sales. These are my own honest opinions that have not been swayed by the company in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

❤Share the love and leave me a comment below!❤