Friday, March 12, 2010

Holding Out

My son has been holding out on me. Little turkey.

He's had about 10 "tummy time" sessions throughout his 4 months of life. One of which was night before last. I put him on the floor and he played for about 30 minutes before he started to scream his head off to let the world know that there was some child abuse going on UP.IN.HERE! I went in to get him and that was that.

Last night, I spent the evening at a monthly women's church dinner and when I got home Senior was working on the computer. I needed to get into my pajamas before feeding The Monkey so I pulled the play mat out, laid him on it and went to getting my jammies on. Not two minutes later I walk back out to hear Senior say, "he rolled over" as if it was an everyday occurrence. WHAT?!?!?!? HE DID WHAT?!?!? MY SWEET LITTLE BABY BOY WHO IS NOT EVEN 4 MONTHS OLD DID WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? ARE YOU JOKING?!

His response was, "Well, I didn't get up and flip him over."

I about crapped my pants. I immediately ran over and laid down next to him and was screeching "you did such a good job! You're such a big boy and you're so grown up, now!!!" He just grinned and screamed right along with me. It was the best feeling ever. To see him grow and accomplish such a tast. My heart swelled.

Then I rolled him back over to see if he'd do it again. Two minutes and a bit of fussing later, he did! WHOOP!

First thing this morning, what did I do? Pulled out the play mat and laid him down. A minute and a half later he rolled over to show Dad how big of a boy he was.

Sniff, sniff. My boy is growing.
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. YAY! Way to go MONKEY!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! My daughter has been rolling but I remember why she started rolling...she hated tummy time...so her first rolling happened every time she has tummy time, and then it quickly became back time. She has now learned to roll over and back and over, so she uses that to travel 5-6 feet from where I put her!! It is such a proud moment watching your baby do things that are an accomplishment for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. EXCITING! Way to go little man!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sheesh, do I ever hear you on this. Sawyer mostly rolls "by accident" still. I have yet to see him do it on purpose ;)
    And the growing up... it doesn't stop. Thanks for all your kind comments. Sending you a virtual hug, tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We hate the tummy time as well...and I so relate to the excitement when they roll over...it is like, "what, I just hate being on my tummy? why are you so excited!"

    ReplyDelete

❤Share the love and leave me a comment below!❤