Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Weigh-In Wednesday:


I actually started this post yesterday as it's 5 weeks, exactly, until we leave for our vacation. So forgive me for not weighing in today. I cheat.

We will be spending 5 days in Clearwater, Florida and honestly, I don't think I could be more excited. Most people would probably shit their pants at the thought of taking a 5 month old on vacation across country, much less on a plane that is going to take up an entire day. But me?! Nope. I get stoked. There's something about the challenge that just gets my goat. I love the planning. I love the preparation. I love the adventure. I love the idea of proving that I, as a mom, as a woman, can do this. To prove that I'm awesome. That I'm not afraid of the task. That I am not going to stop my life because I pushed a child out my vagina.

Don't get me wrong, it's going to take a butt load of time and energy to prepare for such an adventure but I relish in the idea. I can't wait to start packing. I can't wait to take our first family vacation. That, in itself, is the very best part of it.

So..... in lieu of our impending vacation. I am determined to loose some baby weight before we go. I say baby weight, ha! I mean cannot-say-no-to-dessert weight. I lost all my "baby weight". I just happened to run into the holidays, afterward, and they threw me under the bus when it came to getting back on track. I'm the type of person that has absolutely NO will power when it comes to saying no to dessert. I can go all day long on diet food and do a damn good job at keeping myself on track. When it comes to the evening... it's like my alter ego takes over and she must.have.dessert. I can't think about anything other than ice cream. Cookies. Cake. Candy. Chocolate covered pretzels. Pie. Oh the choices. There's something about horribly fatty foods that I just can't seem to say no to, after 5 o' clock.

How am I planning to loose weight, you ask? You did ask, didn't you?

Well, my husband and I make a vow to each other. No... not those silly wedding vows. Okay, those, too, but that's not what I'm talking about. We made this vow: We will NOT eat ANY fattening desserts until we make it to Florida.

I am also going to weigh in every Wednesday, for the next 5 weeks, until we go. Weigh-In Wednesday starts today!!

Start: March 9, 2010
Weight: 140.2 lbs
Goal: 135lbs
By: April 13, 2010

What's one thing you're going to do this week to stay healthy?


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I wish I only had 5 lbs to lose...and I wish I had your motivation :)

    And...yes!!! the Sophie is so worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! We pretty much weigh the same right now ;)
    Those last few pounds are the hardest aren't they?
    I'd like to get to 125lbs....one of these days!

    ReplyDelete

❤Share the love and leave me a comment below!❤