Tuesday, March 30, 2010

How GREEN is your blog?

Over the past year, I've committed myself to finding "greener" ways to live life. Using reusable grocery sacks when going to the store (when I remember to bring them with me), using cloth diapers instead of disposable - along with cloth wipes. Trying to find any reusable alternatives to the products that we use everyday. It's not always the easy choice, but I feel it's the best choice.

This morning, I was contacted by Christin from the initiative "Make It Green". Here's a little bit more about their work.
Our goal is to contribute our part in reducing the carbon footprint by raising awareness of the severe environmental damage caused by carbon emissions . One of our activities is to raise awareness of the carbon emissions resulting from the use of the internet - specifically of blogs. A blog with 15,000 visits a month has a yearly carbon dioxide emissions of 8lb. To neutralize these emissions we have created "My blog is carbon neutral" buttons so bloggers can demonstrate that they care about the environment and the carbon footprint of their blogs. We present them a small but nonetheless worthy solution to contribute to environmental issues. Our idea is to show possibilities to make a contribution to protect the environment.
Now you may be wondering, How in the heck will a little button on my blog help reduce my carbon emissions?  Well, here's how.

We are planting trees in cooperation with the Arbor Day Foundation in Plumas National Forest in Northern California for our project to neutralize the carbon footprint of blogs. Thousands of wildfires burned down many national forests over the past ten years and 88.000 acres of Plumas' were destroyed by two fires in 2007. To help replanting we need the support of bloggers all over the world! For every participating blog we plant a tree. One blog - one tree.
By placing a button on your blog (blogging about it and emailing the company to let them know where your post is and where the button is located) the kaufDA is planting a tree in your name, therefore neutralizing your carbon emissions.

Why do they do this?
We are a German based company called kaufDA, which provides advertisement brochures of local stores online to help consumers search for specific products and find good deals in their neighborhood. This reduces the amount of brochures printed and so the project helps the environment by reducing unnecessary paper in mailboxes. An American on average receives 41 pounds of junk mail per year. This has the same carbon footprint as burning six gallons of gasoline.
I am committing myself, to help neutralize my carbon emissions. Problem is.. with as much as I'm on the computer, they'd probably need to plant a whole forest. But I digress. Here's my pledge to helping neutralize my blogs carbon emissions.

carbon neutral coupon with kaufDA.de

Would you like to learn how to reduce your carbon emissions with a simple click of a button? Please click HERE to learn more!

XOXO
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

❤Share the love and leave me a comment below!❤