Saturday, August 14, 2010

30 Days of Truth - Day 6

To continue our 30 Days of Truth we now get to go onto day six. Day 6 has to do with some of our worst fears. Hidden depressions. Anxious moments. Things that make us nervous. I can be a bit irrational at times and many things can scare the crap out of me. For example I have a irrational fear that there is a horribly mean leprechaun (think the movie.. eek!) hidding under my bed and is waiting for me to hang my foot or hand off the side so he can lop my toes (or fingers) off with garden pruners. Yes and it gets even better! I think about this EVERY NIGHT before bed.


Day 6 - Something you hope you'll never have to do?

This one is very easy for me. Ultimately, regardless of what happens in life, I know that I will be okay. I will figure out a way through the hard times and make things okay. It doesn't matter if we're homeless (I have been before).. I know that I am okay.

One thing that I know that I physically could NOT deal with would be the loss of my child. If something... anything, were to happen to my son....... I can honestly say that I don't know if I would be okay. Mentally. Emotionally. Physically. I would not, could not be able to live with myself and 'go on' with my life. There is absolutely not way that I could live with the fact that my son was no longer in my life and that something that I did (or didn't do) could have aided in the situation. (I don't mean that I would ever do something to my son. I never could. I love him so much and can barely tell him not to do something. Especially when I see his sad face. I'm just talking about if I was to take him some place and have something happen. Regardless of what the situation may be, I would always blame myself. I took him there, I didn't choose to take him somewhere else. Etc, etc, etc. I'm sure other parents, who've lost children often do the same thing but I honestly can't see how I could ever live without my son. He is my everything. 


What is something you hope you'll never have to do?

1 comment:

  1. I don't even have children and I can't imagine losing one the way many of my friends have. It's heart breaking. I was in the room when my Grandmother was told that one of her daughters (my aunt) was killed and it was the scariest thing I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete

❤Share the love and leave me a comment below!❤